General Policy Statement
Ground Based Gutter Cleaning regards the promotion of Health and Safety measures as a mutual objective for Management and Employees at all levels.
It is therefore the Management’s policy to do all that is reasonable to prevent personal injury and damage to property and to protect everyone from foreseable work hazards, including the public, in so far as they come into contact with the company, its operations and building. In particular, this management has a responsibility.
- to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, taking account of any statutory requirements;
- to provide training and instruction to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently;
- to make available all necessary safety devices and protective equipment and to supervise their use;
- to maintain a constant and continuing interest in health and safety matters applicable to the company’s activities, in particular, by consulting and involving employees or their representatives wherever possible.
All employees have a duty to co-operate in the operation of this policy:
- by working safely and efficiently;
- by meeting statutory obligations;
- by reporting incidents that have led or may lead to injury to people or damage to property or equipment;
- by adhering to Company Procedures, for securing a safe workplace;
- by assisting in the investigation of accidents with the objective of introducing new measures to prevent a recurrence.
A copy of this statement, together with procedures will be displayed in a suitable area. The policy will be continually reviewed by the management and amended or added to as appropriate.
This document contains additional policies and procedures in support of this statement.